Frequently asked questions
About the Course
- The course measures between 3-4 miles with flat terrain.
- Racers will encounter between 15-20 obstacles including walls, ropes, mud and more.
- There will be 2-3 water stations on the course.
- Medical personnel as well as off-duty police officers will be on-site to ensure your safety.
- The mud will only be between ankle to thigh deep. However, you may have to crawl through the mud, so expect to get dirty.
Race Day Information
- Parking will be $5 per vehicle. Cash only!
- Race address is 6159 Moffett Road, Mobile, Alabama 36618.
- Parking will open at 7:30 AM.
- Packet pick up will occur on-site the day of the race.
- Racers can complete their waiver during online registration, but all spectators and volunteers will be required to fill one out on race day. Participants under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times while on site.
- We recommend arriving at the race location 1 hr before your scheduled race time.
- There will be a First Responders heat at 8:45.
- There will be competitive heats at 9:15 and 9:30 with a max of 50 runners per wave.
- There will be non-competitive heats at 10:00 and 10:30 with a max of 50 runners per wave.
- There will be a Volunteers heat at 11:30.
- No alcohol will be allowed at the race site.
- Bananas, protein bars, and water will be provided for each runner following the race.
- The top 2 finishers in each age group for both men and women in the competitive heats will receive a medal. Age groups are under 29, 30-40, and 40+.
- All runners will have a chip timer which must be returned at the end of the race. Failure to return chip timer will result in an additional fee of $30.00 billed to your credit card.
- This is a rain or shine event. In the case of inclement weather start times may be delayed. Refunds will not be issued for any reason.
- There will be a vendor area featuring different business. Please make sure to stop by this area.
- This year, there will be penalties for competitive racers that do not complete an obstacle.
- Register online here.
- Pre-registration for individuals and teams less than 10 is $65 per person, but there is early bird pricing available through 10/1.
- T-shirts guaranteed for those registered by 10/22.
- Register as a team of 10 or more to receive $5 off regular price registration. Please note if you sign up as a large team and do not meet the minimum of 10 registrants by the race, each runner will be required to pay the additional $5 the day of the race.
- First Responders Heat – This is a unique race heat that you probably won’t find anywhere else. This heat will allow Police Officers, Sheriff Deputies and Firefighters to compete to see which team will be the first to conquer the Muddy Turkey.
- Volunteer Heat – This heat is reserved only for Muddy Turkey volunteers. If you sign up for this heat and do not volunteer, you will be charged an additional $35 the day of the race..
- The first person to sign-up should create a team and subsequent members can join during registration.
- There are two options to register as a team. Choose the Large Team option if you have 10 or more runners, or choose the standard option if your team has less than 10 runners.
- Register as a team of 10 or more to receive a $5 discount. Please note if you sign up as a large team and do not meet the minimum of 10 runners by the race, each runner will be required to pay the additional $5 the day of the race.
- The team discount for 10 or more runners will only be given if you initially register as a large team. If you register as a small team but end up with 10 or more runners, no additional team discount will be given.
What to Bring
- Closed-toed shoes – No runner will be allowed to participate in bare feet, flip flops, or any other open shoe.
- Change of clothes
- Trash bag to put muddy clothes in or to sit on when driving home
- Sunscreen and bugspray
- $5 cash for parking
- Any additional water/race fuel you’ll need on the course
- Extra money for additional food/drink purchases or to purchase items from the vendor area
about Teen Challenge
Addiction has taken captive over 40 million Americans. It is an epidemic everywhere, destroying lives and devastating families. 9 out of 10 addicts are not seeking treatment, or they are not finding it. That’s 9 out of 10 struggling with one of the world’s most debilitating epidemics, yet without help and without hope. Today alone, 125 Americans will have died from their addiction.
The answer to every person struggling with addiction is not a consumable substance. They can be made 100% whole, 100% free, and 100% restored. Alabama Teen Challenge is helping people with life-controlling issues break the bonds of addiction and live a hope-filled and purposeful life.
- Pass on the left where possible.
- Help your fellow Muddy Turkey racers.
- Follow all directions given by race crew volunteers.
- Do not leave any trash on the race course. There will be trash cans along the course.
- Have a great attitude!